This role requires a person to drive the engineering of a set of products by aligning with business and product
Stakeholders and building and up skilling a team to aid in this. The responsibilities include:
- Business and product alignment and planning
- Work closely with business and product stakeholders to understand and align with product initiatives and iterations.
- Help shape the engineering requirement by aligning with the product manager and fleshing out concepts and user flows.
- Formalize business requirements into roadmaps and sprints.
- Product and system development
- Drive high level modeling and design for projects, also focusing on non-functional aspects, including but not limited to database design, communication protocols, deployment systems, etc.
- Drive adoption of design frameworks like domain driven design, clean architecture, etc., resulting in a robust layered architecture.
- Drive good code review practices, using the review process as a mentoring tool to up skill people.
- Ensure test coverage of systems, partly through unit and integration testing, and partly through black box testing by collaborating with the Quality Assurance team, via good testing practices.
- Project Management
- Drive the execution of the project by delegating tasks effectively.
- Resolve blockers through technical expertise, negotiation and delegation.
- Estimate timelines and ensure adherence to them through effective sync-ups and course corrections.
- Formulate SLAs and oversee their adherence for the various systems, effectively tracking issues and
- Performance monitoring and optimization for systems.
- Drive technical re-design, remodeling and refactoring of systems for robustness and sustainability.
- Team Management
- Typically manage a team of 3 – 6 members and a portfolio of 3 – 6 products.
- Do periodic assessment of reporters, chart their career growth paths and train them.
- Recruit members into the team by collaborating effectively with the recruitment team.
- Web application frameworks: Ktor, Spring Boot, and Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, and AWS Lambda
- Frontend: Angular, Backend: NodeJS
- Data stores: Mongo DB, MySQL
- Communication: HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
- Server management: Amazon ECS, Dockers
- Design frameworks: Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, and Layered Architecture
Android: Android Studio +Java
iOS: Xcode 9.4+Swift 4
You will be contributing to products concerning both customer’s partner & drivers. Product sectors
- Growth:You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry best driver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead management models.
- Lifecycle Management: Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
- Transaction Experience: You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
- Fulfilment: As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of Ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
- Enterprise Solutions: You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimization tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.
- Software engineering experience of greater than or equal to 2-3 years
- Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
- Exposure to consumer facing products
- Strong technical background and ability to contribute to design and review
- Familiarity with our tech stack or an analogous tech stack
Education: CSE, Information Technology
If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Bongo Xpress is the right place for you.
Company URL: https://bongoxpress.com
Bongo Xpress, with its cutting age technology has brought automation in logistics and distribution industry and undoubtedly has established its presence in the industry due to a differentiated business model on online trucking and parcel delivery capability. The sophisticated end to end technology enables us with a platform which helps individuals or corporate bodies, cargo owners, truck drivers, truck owners from across Bangladesh to connect with each other digitally on a single platform and do hassle free movement of goods. We aim to leverage the experience of customers in the e-commerce market with simple but sophisticated technology of Bongo Xpress which will help the businesses to adopt digitization at its best with automation in distribution as well. Besides, we are also bringing the most secured and budget
Friendly home/office relocation service partnering with the best and verified packers and movers in your city.
Company Mission + Vision:
Understanding the challenges of the logistics and distribution industry, Bongo Xpress is dedicated to creating new solutions with technology. Staying responsive to customers’ requirements and finding innovative solutions lead us to achieve customer satisfaction. Starting with 2PL in the current logistics industry we dare to work on bringing the 3PL in near future which will be followed by 4PL as part of our visionary step in the industry.